Friday, November 23, 2007

Reflections on Sunday


Pure Food and Good Times with the WLIR crew on Sunday night...

Pictured above from l to r...

Glen Colello from Catch a Healthy Habit. Super-knowledgeable and really fun.

Some strange guy in a purple t-shirt who sat down with us and wouldnt leave...

Nancy C, who is an AMAZING illustrator and is lucky enough to work from home.

Dhru of WLIR...the man who brought all of us together. Truly a gift to know this guy.

Philip, who created and runs Lovingraw.com. He is probably one of the nicest guys I've met.

Michael Simmons, who is CEO of Extreme Entrepreneurship. I hope to team up with him soon.


When you sit down and have a meal with people that are coming from love and are supportive and just overall have great energy, you realize that so much of your life can be full of inspiration and joy if you simply choose to be around people like this.

We were there for nearly three hours...but it seemed like 30 min instead. Whether you are on a date, or meeting with business partners...look for this sign. If time flies by...keep spending time with that person. If time drags on...reassess the situation, yes?

This was basically my thanksgiving. Check out the bounty...



Unfortunately I only took pics of the apps. We did entrees and dessert as well.

By the way, Pure Food's Ice Cream is SO creamy that I would absolutely swear that it was regular milky variety. I don't know exactly what they do, but its was unreal.

So after that was the Chocolate for Charity event. We got there a little late, but it was great. It was much better than last time, and the cacao samples were in overabundance.

Serious overabundance. I couldnt take it anymore. It was just so plentiful. Plates and plates just sitting around at the end of the evening, overflowing with Cacao treats. They were all stellar, but I have to say that Gnosis Chocolate took the prize. Vanessa is a Chocolate Goddess!!!

Last year was sparse, this year was anything but. We danced a ton, and had a blast. Tons of good energy there and David is always a joy to listen to and visit with. The progression that the FTPF has made in the past three years is anything but EPIC. (thanks for the word C.P.!)


My apologies for the lack of posts these past few days...I have been going out dancing quite a bit lately. I LOVE IT!!! Of course it depends on the music, but serioulsy, at this point I feel that I can just go dancing alone and dance for its own sake.

And here is something I realized...by going out dancing at night after dinner, you stay lean so much easier. I have a good model friend named Paula who eats...um...EVERYTHING...and she maintains her figure by going out and dancing at night. Of course her health (acidic tissues, toxin buildup) is surely another issue, but she is thin. My issue was always late-night eating and inactivity as well. But by eating earlier, and going out to dance, you are really ensuring a leaner body. I used to do an hour of powerwalking everynight, but dancing for 3 hours seems to be a little more fun. Try it and let me know what you think. And if anyone is interested, I try to go to this place called Cielo once a week.

Ok...back on track. Lots of posts to come. Its the day after thanksgiving, so I have to write about that, as well as the WLIR Potluck tomorrow. Busy!

-Anthony

Note: Skinny does NOT equal healthy. We likely know this. We want to be lean, but we need to fuel our bodies with the best food ever. We deserve it....nothing less.





4 comments:

raw by default said...

That food looks wonderful! And I know what you mean about good company. I think positive people make for better digestion, too. :)

I'm glad to see you're back. I've missed your posts!

Jenny said...

Dancing is also completely primal and instinctively a very natural way for humans to express our emotions, promote the flow of energy, gets our lymphs moving (vital to health) and is an authentically euphroic experience.

I used to go nonstop- and have since discovered how much MORE fun it is to be sober. . . and much more healthy of course! My wish for all dancers is that they discover the benefits and incredible high you get without feeling like they need a substance to shed inhibitions.

So glad you wrote about it and maybe we'll bump into each other on the dance floor sometime. (no pun intended, honestly!)
x jenny

Anonymous said...

Dancing! The most underrated exercise EVER. Thanks for reminding me...I will most certainly get myself to thee club more often. Fun people-watching, too...the entertainment is endless, really.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
-C

Lovingraw said...

I had the best time ever with you guys. Thank you for your friendship Anthony.

Sharethis