Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Talking about Pollen Again....

This stuff has just rocked my world.
If you get fresh pollen, youll just know it.
There's a jar in the tipi of some wild been pollen from
Mountain Rose...its SOOOO hard! This stuff here is pure soft heaven.

I have it with cream, coconut milk, or alone...its too precious to blend.

And the harvest is so much easier than honey...
I might be leaving for LA soon and Im really going to miss this.

Ill admit that Ive been getting kind of lonely here.
Its great but the moments to occur. I know that WAY TOO SOON
Ill be back in some damn city again and just aching to get back
to this garden...I must savor every moment that Im here -
even if Im by myself. Its good for me anyways...
reading, stretching, working out, pulling grass from around the
newly planted trees...feeding chipmunks and talking to woodchucks.
Lots to do here.

But back to the pollen...get bees. Seriously.
Put them on your roof or tuck them away somewhere.
Get a pollen trap. Get some bees. Youll be happy.
Although i have now been stung 3 times since
getting the new girls...once I totally deserved it getting too close,
another time a bee climbed inside my shirt and I didnt know and
it stung me, and the third time one just randomly nailed me
as I was walking thru the clover. go figure.

So...tuck them away if you can but theres a good chance that sooner
or later youre gonna get nipped...but its not the end of the world really.
i dont even feel them much anymore, but putting some zeolite clay
on afterwards makes a nice difference I feel.

Fresh pollen...once youve had it the rest is hard to go back to.

Sharethis