Thursday, October 29, 2009

Kefir-Superfood Trailmix Combo **UPDATE**

Back in the Kitchen AGAIN. Im in the flow!



After diligent research and self-experimentation,
I decided to add animal products back into my diet.
My main focus is raw, grass-fed dairy products like kefir, butter,
and also some heavenly cream. Wow. I love heavy cream.

I feel much more grounded now. My mind is off food, and my cravings have completely vanished. I was a crazy sugar addict before this transition,
and now Im so stable that I find it hard to believe.
Some might say that I was doing it "WRONG"
and I suppose we should all listen to them because they are
R-I-G-H-T. They know whats best for us, yes? Hmmmm..

I see many people self-limiting because of the teachings of others
instead of experimenting for themselves, and I also fell into this trap for a
long time and went on many ups and downs because of it.
I see WAY too many vegans going on yo-yo diets and I understand
now why it happened to me. Evolution is a good thing everybody!

If you study the work of Weston Price,
you will realize that different types of people need different types of food.
A Polynesian will need more carbs than an Irishman.
Someone from Japan will require a different ratio of carbs,
proteins, and fats than someone from Africa. Makes sense?
The key is to keep the sugars (starches) down and aim for wild foods.
On top of that, every disease-free group he visited ate fermented foods.

We need to look towards the ratios of our ancestors and then take it from there.
The fact that I'm eating cacao and goji berries
(which clearly wasnt in my ancestor's diet..as far as I know at least)
is not lost on me...trust me. This is about bringing two worlds together.

Im trying to join the worlds of vegan superfoods with high quality animal products with this meal. We can take the best of both worlds and make it work for us.
We dont have to pick sides! That is junior-high school mentality!

Its a thick dairy kefir, and I then mix in:

Goji Berries,
Shredded Coconut
Bee Pollen
and Cacao Nibs.
On top of that, I give a few grinds of a nice blend of sea salts, as well as some raw colostrum which is simply an amazing food.

So before shutting yourself off to an entire food group because of factory-farm misconceptions and animals eating grains instead of grass and wild plants, do some solid research of your own and look at the long term effects of 100% veganism. No ape in nature is a vegan. At the VERY least they eat a good amount of bugs. Even horses and cows eat lots of small insects found in the pasture. We cant avoid this, and if we try really hard we will suffer later on.

Look around...and come to your own conclusion.

Thanks always for watching, I appreciate your time.
Im keeping these as quick as possible because I know we are all very
busy these days and there is allot to look at online.

Thanks again, so much.


Sharethis