Sunday, October 5, 2008

Hitting the Road...


The moment is drawing near...

This next month...well, actually the next few months
are going to be really hectic.

First off...Im flying back to Minnesota this very Tuesday
in order to finish up the greenhouse and plant the tropical
trees inside them...let me show you a few.

This beauty right here is a wonderful mango.
It was $64.99....but with shipping it came to about $100.
I just can't find quality local mangoes...so I had to
order these and the other tropicals online.

An Avocado on the left, and a Hachiya Persimmon
on the right...bearing some fruit already...BONUS.

This bushy fellow is a passion fruit vine...looking GOOD.
I will only order my tropicals from Clifton's in
Pottersville, CA. They shipped POTTED plants,
and compared to what I was used to at Willis Orchards,
these are AMAZING. I get lush trees from Clifton's,
and basically a bundle of sticks from Willis.
Check out Clifton's at www.buyplantsonline.com.
Its worth the extra price.

These are just a few...I've got many to put in.
AND...the persimmon and figs...they need to be grown
in containers, because if they are put outside,
the roots will freeze, but if they are kept in the greenhouse,
they won't receive the colder "chill hours" that they
need to regenerate. So I'll be forever moving them in
and out twice a year. Oh well...SO worth it.

Back to the travels...

After wrapping things up in Minnesota,
Ill be driving back to NY with my old hyundai,
and loading up the rest of our stuff to bring back
to Minnesota. We are moving out of NY for a while,
and honestly...I COULDN'T BE MORE EXCITED!!!

Its been far too long here, and this whole situation
here is just so disconnected from Nature and fresh air
and peace and quiet...it gets to be too much, no matter
how much you are making. And when you're cramped
in a little studio apartment, it gets magnified.

So where to go??? London! But just for a month.
The surveillance capital of the world...yeech!
My agency over there invited me to come and stay,
and since we have good friends there, we thought it would
be a good chance to make the trip happen.

I really want to get some potlucks together over there too!
Its been a good while since Ive been in London (may 2006)
and I would LOVE to get to Barcelona for a couple of days.
I'm not crazy about spending Euros, but hopefully I'll work while
I am over there...it will be a good time no matter what.

After that...back to Minnesota for a few days, and then we are
going to spend a month or two in Miami...
Again, Ill be able to work some more, earning money
to build the eco-house in the spring, and will be surrounded
by the sun, the beach, coconuts, and other tropical goodies
like black sapote! Maybe we can even pick up some more trees!

My dad sent me a text the other day when more trees arrived
in the mail..."STOP BUYING TREES".
I'm hooked...what can I say?

So...if you arent living where you really want to...
ask yourself HOW can I get there? HOW can I make
this dream of mine become a reality???

We are selling stuff on craigslist and it is
simply amazing how easy it is to get rid of things now.
A person could just buy some stuff on craigslist,
have it for a while, then sell it again for a very small loss, if any.

Its easier than ever to find temporary storage
and places to stay for a month or two.
Don't feel like you are making a huge commitment either...
just go with the flow...see if you like it, and then make the choice!

Seriously...its easier than ever.

Oh right! And the contest for the Healthforce Products!
I picked the top ten replies with the best energy,
and then picked those from a hat.
Rawstrength won, and the package is being mailed to her
dorm tomorrow. I added in a DVD filled with good audiobooks,
conscious movies, and interviews too.

I'm going to be giving more and more stuff away.
It's the least I can do to show my appreciation
to everyone who reads my ramblings....

Ill be doing another contest very soon.

Thanks to EVERYONE who writes in!
I love all the good vibes and ideas in the comments!
It really makes my day...so thanks to all of you who contribute.

Lets just do another round of Healthforce again.
I'll do the same thing. From this post, Ill pick the winner.

I've got a basic mandoline slicer that I want to give
away too...but Ill save that for next week.

Thanks everyone!






Sharethis