Monday, April 23, 2007

Cinco De Mayo is coming...



Well...Ive been playing around the kitchen lately, and I came across this awesome mexican dish. I am a huge fan of mexican cuisine, but besides guacamole and pico de gallo....there was little for me to go with if I wanted to stay raw. But now that I have my dehydrator again, Ive really branched out with my techniques.
So...it was time to make some tortillas. Basically a blend of raw corn, ground flax seeds, yellow pepper with some cumin and cayenne for seasonings. I had it in the dehydrator for about 5 hours and it was perfect.
For the filling, I did shredded yellow squash, guacamole, pico de gallo, and a great "refried bean" mix that I made from sunflower seeds, olive oil, sundried tomatoes, cumin and chili peppers. I threw all that in the food processor and let it blend until nice and thick yet creamy.
Putting this all together, I was thinking about how far Ive come from just green smoothies. Dont get me wrong, I love the simplicity of the smoothie, but when it comes to those special moments, the more complicated dishes really do impress.

Good times!!

-The Raw Model




1 comment:

DawnSierra said...

That looks awesome! Arg! So jealous, we don't have a dehyrdater. lol
BTW.. forgive me for saying but you are stunning! I've just recently had a health scare so as a result, even though the doctor says I'm basically "fine", I've started looking into raw foods.
Just thought I'd say thanks for being an inspiration! I doubt, no matter how much raw food I might introduce into my diet, I'd have the genes to turn out like someone such as yourself BUT (seriously.. wow)... but hey genes aren't everything. hehe ;)

(PS.. your css may need correcting your menu overlaps your title image.)

Sharethis